Newer Post Older Post

FAL finish: Socks!

Finish A Long 2016

Back in February (end of January, I'm afraid I can't remember!), I started knitting my first pair of socks.  As I can't wear wool next to my skin (it's bad enough trying to knit with it!), these were intended to be 'over my normal socks house socks' for the winter.  I put them on this quarter's FAL list in the hope that it would motivate me to finish the first sock, and knit the second.  At the start of the quarter, they/it looked like this:

Currently

and now they look like this:

They're finished! See that little ball of yarn between my feet? That's all I had left from a 400m ball. Yarn is West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4ply, pattern is a mix of KnitFreedom toe up (with a different cast on), Regia cuff down (for sizing), a Flee


I've finished my socks!

A few hours after darning in the ends yesterday morning, I bought the yarn for my second pair, even though when I finished them I wasn't sure I was going to knit another pair.  Looks like I am!!

Sock stats:

Pattern: a mix between KnitFreedom toe up and Regia top down (for the sizing/stitch count - no link as I have a paper copy which was free many years ago with Regia sock yarn)
Yarn: West Yorkshire Spinners Signature in 4ply
Needles: 2.5mm dpns
Pattern changes: different cast on (where you cast on half the stitches needed, knit a row, turn it upside down and then pick up the other half of the stitches needed.  I can't find a link to it and found it in a book, sorry!), Fleegle heel, 73 (!) rounds of 2x2 rib for the fold-over cuff, Jeny's surprisingly stretchy cast off


Archie has been taking the time to smell the flowers:

b-i-thought-these-might-smell-of-biscuits-they-dont_28032242171_o
I thought these might smell of biscuits.  They don't.  Disappointing.

Thanks for popping in!

Comments

  1. Yes yes YES! Good job girl. I love to knit socks. You know you can get sock yarn that has no wool? Berroco puts it out and it's called Comfort sock. Sooooooo soft ; )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!