Newer Post Older Post

Share Your Hopes For Quarter Three!

Finish A Long 2016

I can't quite believe that it's time to link up our proposed finishes for quarter three.  Once again, most of my list has been rolled over from quarter two (and one) and I find myself a smidge over halfway through 2016 with fewer finishes than I would like.  (Isn't that always the way?)

As you're already aware, the 2016 FAL has gone global and a community of bloggers across the world, jointly hosting the FAL. Our hosts are:

For those of you who are new to the FAL, it is a place to find motivation and encouragement to complete those unfinished projects that are hanging about becoming UFOs - if they're anything like mine then they're sniggering at you behind your back...

Every quarter, you post a list of projects you hope to finish in the next three months, and then, at the end of the quarter, you post a link from your blog, Flickr or Instagram of each successful finish from your original list. Each finish is an entry for wonderful prizes from our sponsors. There is no penalty for not finishing a listed project (thank goodness!), so feel free to make your list long or short, as you wish.

 The 2016 Schedule and Rules for the FAL are on my permanent FAL page http://archiethewonderdog.blogspot.co.uk/p/official-fal-2016.html, please let me know if you have any questions.


 Here are the fantastic and generous sponsors for Q3 of the FAL - you can see each of their prizes listed under their logo (think about visiting them and saying thank you):

As you may recall from the previous, there was a return of tutorial week at the end of each quarter, between the opening of the link for finishes and the day that link closes and will take place each quarter.  Are you enjoying this? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! Each host works hard to put these together so please visit their blogs to encourage them, and if you have a tutorial that you would like to share, please let me or another host know.


Now, it's time to round up those projects you want to finish over the next three months, so take a photo of where you are now, and make your list. Please ensure that you have at least started your projects (i.e. pulled fabric with a pattern or plan) and remember that it is finished projects that will get you entry toward the above listed prizes. So while we love to see your bee blocks, the "finish" is when they are a completed, usable project. It is very helpful, if linking from Instagram, if you tag your Q3 list as #FALQ3yourname.


The 2016 Q3 link for your list of proposed finishes is now open below on my blog (sorry, I'm late - I smacked my head off a door jamb on Wednesday evening and haven't been quite right since!) and on each of the hosting blogs. You only need to link your list once, on one blog - and that link will show up on all of the blogs.

If you are using Flickr or Instagram, link a mosaic and put your list in the description. Katy of The Littlest Thistle has a great tutorial on how to link up if you have need it.

We also ask that you become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and visit and comment on their lists. We all need encouragement to get those finishes done, so please share some of your own too.

 When creating your list there is one thing to remember: there are no penalties for not completing something so you could always copy me and just list everything!  Come on, why not join me in the ridiculously long list gang? *grins*

The Q3 linky party will stay open until 4am BST/IST on the 17th July - as we are global, you might want to check your time zone to determine your last possible time to link. (If you're unsure then the time remaining until the link closes is on the right-hand side at the bottom of the linky party.)  

Remember: you only need to link up on ONE hosting blog and it will automatically show up on all hosting blogs.  I'll share my list in the coming days (I've got lots of copying and pasting to do!) and I'll add a link to it here when I'm done.  Here's my ridiculously long list - wish me luck!

Archie is keen to see finishes at the end of the quarter and is the very model of attentiveness while he supervises my/our progress:


b-i-love-the-sun_27984216562_o
Attentive?  Again?!  It's a biscuit for each finish, right?

Good luck!!!





Comments

  1. Quick question: If I have a FQ bundle but I haven't decided what up do with it, can I just take a pic and add that in until I decide? 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Archie . . You've probably heard a million times that "you cant teach an old dog new tricks" . . .well that's ridiculous...those tutorials have been brilliant and I especially loved Fluffy Sheep .
    Which Shows you "can trust the Irish" ...her new York Beauty Tips was excellent and I am very glad to have read it because "they" scare me no end.
    I'm still waiting to look like a New York Beauty but I think I am too old :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments, thank you for yours!!

P.S. I've had to activate comment moderation for older posts so if your comment doesn't appear, it's probably in my inbox awaiting my attention!
P.P.S. If you have a 'no reply' account (no blogger id/a wordpress blog/you aren't sure), please feel free to leave me a separate comment with just your email address in it (myemailaddress(at)wherever.co.uk to save any bots grabbing it), I shall add that to my address book so I can reply via email and then delete that comment. No worries if not, I shall reply within the comments!