I really don't know how it's happened, but it's suddenly the end of quarter three and it's time to link up your finishes for this quarter. (And, as usual, I'm way behind in blogging about mine and am going to have to sprint to catch up with myself!
As you know, the 2016 FAL has a global community of host bloggers and they are:
Before we get to the rules and link up, let's give a huge thank you to our fantastic sponsors:
This year, we've brought back the tutorial week at the end of each quarter, and the rota for this quarter's tutorials is as follows:
- 1st October - Helen at Archie The Wonder Dog - Needle book for machine needles
- 2nd October - Jennie at Clover & Violet - Fabric notebook slip cover
- 3rd October - Leanne at She Can Quilt - Simple tote bag with French seams or lining
- 4th October - Stacey at SLO Studio - Hourglass block
- 5th October - Rhonda at Rhonda's Ramblings - FAL tutorials: a four-year snapshot
The 2016 Q3 link for your finishes is now open on each of the blogs; remember that you only need to link on one blog for your finish to appear on each blog. Also remember that you do not need to link up your original list, but a link or reference to it (your personalised hashtag, etc.) is needed.
The link-up "rules" are as follows:
- Add one link for each finish. If you want to link a round up post of all your finishes, use that link to enter one of your finishes and then link the rest of your finishes separately. Please, only one link per finish, as your link is an entry into the randomly drawn prize draws.
- Please use the 2016 FAL button or the hashtag #2016FAL
- Please ensure that the photo or blog post you link up contains a link or reference back to your original list so that we can verify your entry (make sure it is from the appropriate quarter)
- Please become part of the FAL community. Please check out the links of others and comment. We all need encouragement so let's applaud each other. The 2016 FAL Facebook page is here and follow us on Instagram @finishalong and tag your photos #2016fal and #falq3yourname (substitute your name - this makes it easier for us to match your finishes with your lists.
- Our hosts will also link their finishes to share in the community, but they are not eligible for any of the prizes.
The Q3 Finishes link will stay open from now (6am 30th September) until 4am 8th October. It's generally best to link up your finishes early to avoid missing the deadline (you'd be surprised how often it happens!) and if you have a last minute one, add that one later so you don't miss out.
Prizes will be awarded as soon as we can verify all the entries and do the draw, and the winners will be posted on each host blog.
Once you've linked up all your finishes, start making your Q4 FAL lists as the Q4 list link opens at 6am on 8th October.
Now, just a word from my supervisor and you can get linking!